Tournesol project #1
A world study trip on community microgrids
See our calendarSee our blog trip
The Tournesol project is launching a world study of the community based micro grids, according to three criteria:
- What are the suitable territories for the deployment of micro grids? What are the inhabitants’ motivation?
- How are the local community embedded in the energy project?
- Once the micro grid installed, what are the new needs and desire of the local community?
For this purpose, the Tournesol team has identify 30 micro grid projects, over 3 continents. In each of the 3 areas of the world, we are working on a specific problematic of the community-based micro grid.
- Europe with the integration of the prosumers in the micro grid project
- Northern America with the business model of the micro grid
- South East Asia with the urban consumption control and the industrialisation of the micro grid
Piecing together the micro grid « ecosystem »
In each of those geographical zones, we will meet local stakeholders as well as public servants, project leaders and DSOs, institutional partners, energy producers and consumers. Our purpose being to piece together the micro-grid ecosystem and to extract the key success factors of each project. (more details below in our micro grid projects notes)
Selected Microgrid projects
The first part of the study voyage is focusing on the European projects, and will take place in April and May 2016. Here is the list of projects that we’ve identified:
Microgrid projects files
for each visited project, we have piecing together their main characteristics.